A foundation dedicated to reconnecting Harbord alumni and former staff.

Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Important News for All Harbord Alumni!

Hello H.C.I Alumni!

As you were a part of this amazing educational institute, we want you to be the first to know that the Harbord Club has been in the process of organizing a fabulous celebration to commemorate Harbord C.I.’s 125 years in existence!

MAKE SURE TO SAVE THESE IMPORTANT DATES!!!

FRIDAY APRIL 28TH, SATURDAY APRIL 29TH & SUNDAY APRIL 30th 2017

We are inviting all of you to come celebrate with us!!!!!

Here’s a Sneak Peek at our 3 day event…

Day 1:   Friday, April 28th, 2017

Harbord C.I. Open House

Come visit for a while and take away memories of a lifetime!

The Harbord Club & Harbord C.I. Staff and Students welcome alumni, families, media and our community neighbours to come celebrate with us! Stroll through the school, enter the Decade rooms and visit our Museum. The Harbord Club, together with Harbord C.I.’s Creative Arts team, will be showcasing a multitude of talent throughout the afternoon & evening. See a themed Fashion show and hear Musical Performances of decades past. You may want to participate in an ongoing game or two, put on by our Athletic Associations for old time sakes or you may want to entertain us with your spectacular talent! Let us know. Come celebrate with us and stay tuned for so much more! Time and confirmed events TBA.

Day 2: Saturday, April 29th, 2017

Formal Gala Reunion

Friends and acquaintances keeping Harbord memories alive!

An evening with formal sit-down Dinner, Dance (DJ), Silent Auction and a line-up of Entertainment held at the exquisite Parkview Manor!

55 Barber Greene Rd, Toronto, ON

5:30pm – close

$95. p.p (Please see registration form for tickets)

Day 3: Sunday, April 30th, 2017

Graduating class get-to-gethers

Due to the feedback from our last big event, we agreed to hold this Gala on a weekend so that we could accommodate those wanting to hold an individual graduating class get-together, (i.e. A brunch, afternoon tea or pub night) if they so wish. This day is it!

***Please check that the Dinner registration form has been sent out as an attachment with this letter. If you know someone who graduated/attended Harbord C.I. and we don’t have their email address, please tell them to email it to us with their name and year of graduation via the following email address- harbordclub@gmail.com.

***We are open to accepting items for the Silent Auction being held at the Dinner/Dance. We also would appreciate any monetary donations to help us out with this magnificent endeavour as none of the money from our Gala ticket sales are returned to us. Acknowledgement of your donation will be made in our Souvenir Anniversary Programme. To complete the donation, please contact us via harbordclub@gmail.com or once the school reopens, call Harbord C.I. at 416-393-1650 and leave a message for Belinda. Please help spread our news! We certainly hope you can attend our milestone celebration!

Onward Harbord!

Sincerely,

The Harbord Club Directors

Register Now

23 responses to “Hear Ye, Hear Ye! Important News for All Harbord Alumni!”

1. Beverley Bachmann (Mrs. Ford) says:

I was an English teachers for grades 10, 11, and 12 during the years 1974-1979. At the time my name was Mrs. Ford. My days at Harbord were among the happiest of my life. I would very much like to come to the re-union, especially on the days when other former teachers will be in attendance. What can you tell me about making that happen?

2. Catherine Bohdanowicz says:

Looking for alumni from 1946-1949. My mom had a few friends from Harbord and wonders who is still out there. Her name is Joan Gilmour. Is there anyone who knows her from the late 40’s?

• Hello Catherine,

We do have some contact information for alumni who graduated in the 40s. Unfortunately, due to privacy issues, I am unable to pass them along to you; however, with your permission, I can pass on your mother’s contact information over to them, and they can contact your mother directly. Feel free to email us at harbordclub@gmail.com if you are interested in doing so!

Diana Da Silva
      On behalf of the Harbord Club

3. Ola Shepherd - Skanks says:

My mother and her siblings went to harbord in the forties like 1944 and I hear they having a reunion can you possible let her know. My name is Cynthia Skanks, my email address is hear.

• Hello Ola,

Thank you for reaching out!

The information regarding the 125th Anniversary Celebrations on April 28 & 29, 2017 is listed above on this webpage! The registration form is also available for download on this webpage by clicking on “Register Now”.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Diana Da Silva
      On behalf of the Harbord Club

4. Yvonne (Sandy) Lee says:

Thank you for opportunity to reconnect with my high school.
    Hope to see former classmates from 1971-75.

5. Milton Carman says:

I attended HCI from 1942 to 1947. I live on a farm in Metchosin, British Columbia a few miles from Victoria. As a spry, bright-eyed, bushy-tailed 88 year-old, I’m prepared to shlep all the way to T.O., in the hopes of maybe meeting some old confreres who might still be above the ground. Is it possible for you to put me in touch with those who you happen to know might be attending the gala from the above mentioned dates? Would be most obliged if you could.
    Cordially and warmly, Milton Carman

• Hello Milton,

We are very excited to have you join us for the 125th Anniversary Celebrations!

With your permission, I can pass on your email to the graduates of 1947, and it will be up to them to contact you directly. Unfortunately, due to privacy laws, I am unable to provide you with their contact information.

Please let me know what you prefer. Thank you!

Diana Da Silva
      (Grad of 2009)

• Sophie Krupa says:

Milton, Do you remember Sophie Krupa. She was a class below yours?

6. John Braithwaite says:

John Braithwaite who attended Harbord from 1944 to 1948 is looking forward to making the trip from North Vancouver to join in the celebrations.

• Hello John,

We are very excited to have you join us for the 125th Anniversary Celebrations!!

Please do not hesitate to contact us at harbordclub@gmail.com if you have any questions!

Diana Da Silva
      On behalf of Harbord Club

• Sophie Krupa says:

John, I am Sophie Krupa’s daughter Jane Marshall. Sophie went to HCI the same time you did and she is going to the reunion? Do you remember her? Her new name is Susan Jacobs.

7. Lili Tran says:

How do acquire tickets to any of the events?

Can I buy them last minute if need be?

Kind Regards,

Lili Tran (Graduating Class of 1999)

8. Bonnie Chin says:

We have tried to contact as many people as possible from the graduating Class of 1971. For those who are unable to attend the gala dinner on Saturday evening, there will be an additional opportunity of an informal Sunday Brunch gathering at The Pickle Barrel in Yorkdale Mall. All former classmates and teaching staff who wish to reconnect or continue the celebration from Saturday night are invited. The function will start around 11:30 am. until whenever you wish to leave. Each person will be responsible for his/her own food and drinks.

9. Margaret McAvoy says:

Looking forward to the “125th Reunion Celebration” this weekend and the opportunity to reconnect with the “‘Class of 1979” and surronging graduating years and Harbordites through the years and share a singing of “ONWARD HARBORD”
    .Just wondering what time the school will be open on Friday, April 28th, for the “OPEN HOUSE”?
    Has an AGENDA of EVENTS/ ACTIVITES, with times and locations been circulated , with times and locations been posted? 9 Or I have I just missed it for the Friday event at the school))

Looking forward to the Reunion!!!
    Kind Regards,
    Margaret McAvoy

• Hello Margaret McAvoy,

On Friday, April 28, 2017, our classes will run until 11:30am. A BBQ is set for 12 noon and will run until our opening ceremonies at 1:25pm in the Auditorium. This will include some speeches, musical interludes and drama performances.

Throughout the day and evening, speeches may continue as well as musical performances in both the Auditorium and main Gymnasium, tours of the Decade rooms and Museum, fashion of decades past, an arts café, a Harbord swag sale, Art displays and drop-in sports games in our Multipurpose room – all of which we hope will attract alumni, parents and community members to come to our Open house!

Most activities will be scheduled for after 6pm and will end at 9:30pm. There is a $7 fee to get in after 6pm but free to all who registered for the Gala. These proceeds will go to the Music and Arts departments.

No registration is needed for the Open house.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

10. Henry (Hank) Finkelstein says:

Re Classes of 1963 and/or 1964 Will there be any activities happening on Sunday? Cannot find anything on the Website.

• Hello Henry,

No registration is needed for the Open house.

With regards to activities on Sunday, this day is reserved for graduates to organize. Unfortunately, we do not know if any 60’s graduates are planning additional activities. Perhaps you can connect with other graduates at the open house/gala to find this out?

I hope this helps!

11. Margaret McAvoy says:

Thank You Diana and Belinda for the e-mails and the info about the Friday Open House @ the school. Your hard work and late nights are much appreciated!!!!

12. Catarina says:

Hi there! I Ann looking forward to attending the Harbord Open House tomorrow night but I can’t seem to find any information about timing and specific events. Any update would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Catarina (yr2005 grad)

13. Margaret McAvoy says:

Hi Catarina,
    Check out the reply above from DIana DaSilva to myself, Margaret McAvoy, and the same to
    Henry Finkelstein. Diana details the information you are asking for about timing and specific events at the “Open House” on Friday, April 28th @ the school. It is jus a couple of e-mails above your e-mail.
    Kind Regards, Margaret McAvoy ( Class of 1979)

14. There’s certainly a great deal to know about this topic.
    I like all the points you made.